Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Justification

There's a whole swirl of things behind this...
- I have been using Twitter for the past year or so as a personal professional development tool. This has actually been pretty huge for me, and I've read a lot of valuable things. I'm findind that if you follow interesting people, they will post things that will challenge (or affirm) your thinking, which results in learning.
- I have been struggling with insomnia lately, and when I can't sleep, I find myself reading interesting things other people have posted on Twitter.
- As I read interesting things on Twitter, it sometimes gets my writing juices flowing (like right now.)

Okay, so that's the background. 

I've been blogging here for a couple of months now, and I'm really starting to enjoy it. I might be hooked in fact. I love to write, and whether people are reading it or not, I like the idea of publishing my thoughts on stuff that matters to me someplace. (Why not in a free, online venue?)

Which brings me to the point where I start questioning how much time I should allow myself to spend fiddling with this. And then, in one of my insomniac Twitter sessions, I come across a gem like this: 10 Benefits of Blogging.

Boom. Justification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment