Friday, January 2, 2015

Top 10 Posts of 2014

The turn of the calendar to a new year is always a time of reflection for me. Thinking back over the past year--the events, the challenges, the joys, the learning--is helpful and beneficial for me as I start to make goals and plans for the next lap around the sun.

Those who regularly read this blog know that I use this space to work out my thinking in writing. It's a space for reflection, for thinking and rethinking. I've learned to blog "for me," but I do usually push the things I write here on social media with the hope that it might be valuable food for thought for others, and to get some interaction about my ideas--both affirmation and push-back.

So it's interesting for me to see the posts that resonated with others from the past year! Here they are, the top 10 posts (by number of viewers) from 2014:











And, the winner of the Fewest Eyeballs Award (with less than 50 views to date): Sometimes We Make Slime

As I look back over these posts, I find it interesting that there aren't any really strong trends as to what hit people. It makes me wonder if some of them simply got more eyeballs because I shared the link during a Twitterchat or it got retweeted. I note that three of them are "list" posts, but other than that, they span a range of personal reflections to commentary on school culture to explorations of edtech tools.

And maybe that's fitting, since this blog is sort of a hodgepodge of my thinking and wondering and rambling.

It's been a good year. I hope to keep thinking and reflecting through writing in the year to come with at least as much frequency as I have in 2014.

To my regular readers, thanks for the feedback, pushback, and encouragement. You are valuable, and needed members of my PLN! I hope you'll continue to read and think with me throughout the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment